Sydnor Update

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Faith in Action

The team has helped us paint a basement room where we live. Our neighbor who lives in the apartment underneath us came to see the work. He was really pleased –cause he will benefit as well from all the hard work!

I realize it is hard for the neighbors to figure out what we do. This is just one of those blurry things about being a missionary in a place like Austria. They know we help refugees, and this seems to be enough.

When I saw our neighbor today, he asked, “so did you take off work to paint today. “…Well, not exactly,” I said. I told him how lots of Christians and churches are behind us in our work --with their interest, prayers and support. …”So did you pay them?” “…no not exactly …they just came to see what we do.” …You mean… they just came? Yeah. (I didn’t dare tell him that we really never even knew each other until this week!!) So how did they come? … I explained that they took a vacation from their jobs and came to help out in our work. He thought this was amazing that people would do this and come to offer their service --for free!

The team did in one day what I would have needed six days to do and probably never would have gotten around to. When I think of how it has stirred up my neighbor, I realize again that this is faith in action.

1 Comments:

  • that's awesome. who can argue with faith demonstrated?

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home