Sydnor Update

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Prayer Retreat

Two weekends ago, our team took the weekend to go on a prayer retreat. We began the day with worship together and then spent the next 6 hours alone in prayer. I meditated a long time on Revelation 15:3-4

“Great and marvelous are Thy works, O Lord God, the Almighty; Righteous and true are Thy ways, Thou King of the nations. “Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Thy name? For Thou alone art holy; For all the nations will come and worship before Thee, For Thy righteous acts have been revealed.”

The phrases: "great and marvelous, just and true, who will not fear?" kept coming back to me and it was through these truths that the Lord helped clear my mind of all the worries and stress that has been piling up and brought me to a place to finally be still before him.

When my life is all over, I would like to look back to find a long string of such days in my life. I think our maturity will be measured more by these kinds of moments than anything else.

3 Comments:

  • thanks for sharing this! how good it is to be still before God.

    By Blogger Tom, at 4:20 AM  

  • Over and over again, it seems that it's all about God! Rehearsing in prayer, and using your Bible, Who He is produces so much more right thinking about our circumstance than all of our hand-wringing. Thanks for the reminder.

    Oh, and thanks for the photos, too. You guys look great!


    Lynn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

  • Greetings, Paul, from Virginia & BCF. Have bookmarked your site! I too blog, at http://vineandbranch.blogspot.com/
    See you around the 'sphere.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home