Sydnor Update

Monday, July 23, 2007

grace of god

Yesterday a refugee that I knew in Austria called me from Italy. He told me that it is hard to live there, however he has a friend in Rome who has offered for him to move in with him. They sell household items from dour to door in order to make ends meet. He said by God's grace I will make it."

Then today I was on the bus in Innsbruck and I sat down next to a refugee I had not seen in over a year. He had been moved last winter to a house in the mountains. He said the snow was too deep and it was too difficult to live there anymore. He left the system and now lives on his own in Innsbruck. He sells newspapers on the corner and is barely making it. From this income he said I have to pay my rent, buy food and my bus ticket. It is not easy, I have to start from nothing but by the grace of God I will make it.

I thought, "Is this God's grace at work?" Here in the 8th wealthiest country in the world -per capita, could God be turing the world order upside down?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home