Sydnor Update

Friday, April 20, 2007

moving and leaving


Yesterday, my mom moved out of the house where I grew up. My family lived there for 40 years. I was able to go back in March to help sort through a lot of the house. I cleaned out my own bookshelves and anything that was still mine. I left for the last time.

Leaving something like this is one of those landmarks in life that reminds me of who I am, where I have come from and where I am going. I thank God for my family and for using my family to show me faith in Jesus. I thank God that with each move I have made in life, the ties to my maker and creator have strengthened.

I never thought of it this way. It is almost as if God has given each of us certain things to leave. These may be a job, a dream, a loved one, a family, a country. A lot of times these things are our hardship, trials and suffering. With each leaving, we are one step closer to arriving. This is the reward of leaving.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home